We Craft Radiant Smiles for the Newbury Park Community
If smiling makes you uncomfortable because your teeth are discolored, chipped, or crooked, Hillcrest Dental Group has your back. We offer porcelain and composite veneers, among other options, to fix your teeth and gift you back your confident smile. Our talented dentist, Dr. Donna Anoosheh, is happy to discuss your options during a consultation to help you improve your smile.
Veneers are thin shells placed on the surfaces of your enamel to enhance the shape, size, and shade of your teeth altogether. They make a big difference in your overall appearance by complimenting your facial symmetry. At Hillcrest Dental Group, we are experts in veneer treatment and are ready to help our community in Newbury Park, and all neighboring cities meet their smile goals. Call today and schedule a consultation!
CALL US: (805) 498-4400 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
5 Things to Know Before Getting Veneers
These five facts are worth knowing before deciding to go with veneers:
- Veneers can be used for one or more teeth - Our team works with your needs, preferences, and budget. You can do one or multiple teeth. Dr. Anoosheh uses her high precision treatment and artistic sense to create veneers that compliments your smile.
- You will wear temporaries - While you wait for your custom veneers, we provide you with temporary ones. Consider this a trial period to help you experience how veneers will feel like before the final process. You can also take pictures and see if you like your new smile and let us know if you need any changes.
- Veneers are permanent - Veneers are a commitment. Once you get them placed, it is final. The veneer is affixed using dental cement onto each tooth, making it one with your teeth.
- They are durable when cared for - You need to follow proper dental hygiene in the same way you do your natural teeth. Brush, floss, and be careful about what you eat. Biting hard objects might break your veneers.
- They are stain-resistant - Veneers don’t stain. They provide a consistent color over the years, giving you a smile that is always bright.
Porcelain Veneers Vs. Composite Bonding
Both cosmetic services improve the look of your smile. They are tooth-colored and blend in naturally with the rest of your teeth. The main differences between them include:
Preparation Time - While porcelain veneers are indirect and must be made in a lab, it can take a week or two to complete. Composite bonding is complete during a single visit.
Durability - Porcelain is a stronger material than composite resin. Thus, Porcelain veneers are more durable. They can last up to 10-15 years.
Cost - Composite bonding may be a less expensive option because they can be done without the assistance of a lab. Cost will vary depending on how many teeth are treated.
Dental Issues Veneers Can Hide
Veneers are used to help with more than one dental problem, including:
- Concealing chips and cracks
- Closing unwanted gaps between teeth
- Too small or too large teeth that need shape or size adjustment
- Minor Alignment issues
- Teeth with severe discoloration
While whitening is a fast and convenient method for discolored teeth, if the discoloration is a result of an injury or use of certain medications, veneers may be more effective.
What is the Process of Getting Veneers?
The process can take up to three visits from start to end. The first appointment is a thorough consultation with Dr. Anoosheh. To fully understand what you are looking to achieve, she will examine your mouth and discuss with you in detail the enhancements you are looking to see in your new smile. Once you and our dentist agree that veneers are the best fit for you, the procedure often starts on a second appointment.
We begin by prepping your teeth for veneers. First, a tiny amount of the tooth enamel is buffed to ensure an ideal fit with the rest of your natural teeth. Impressions are taken and we provide you with temporary veneers as you wait for your permanent ones. We use a local lab that takes approximately 10 – 14 days to deliver your custom veneers.
Finally, the third and last step is due. Our talented team will place your veneers and give you your dream smile.
In some cases, once veneers are done, we may recommend teeth whitening as a final finish. We offer in-office Zoom® teeth whitening and take-home whitening options.
Get the Cosmetic Care You Deserve
Our skilled team has the expertise to give you your best smile using veneers. We use top-notch dental technologies to help improve the health and appeal of your smile. Our compassionate team recognizes that dental work can sometimes be costly, that is why we accept insurance and offer an in-house discount plan for convenient payment if you don’t have insurance
We personalize our services to fit your specific needs. Contact our Newbury Park practice today to find out more!
CALL US: (805) 498-4400 REQUEST APPOINTMENT